Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Big Update

1.22.17
Where I am Now 😁😁
Well, after worrying for countless hours about if I would ever meet the perfect husband, it happened... I AM ENGAGED!! At 27 years old, I think that I am the perfect age to get married! I met a man named Timothy at an event at my church one Sunday night. He was so kind to me, and had all of the qualities that I would look for in a husband. Timothy is not a dwarf, which gives my hope that maybe we can have a child who will not have the same disease as me. I am so happy to be at this stage of life. Having achondroplasia can be SO difficult at times, it certainly does have its challenges. Whenever you are in doubt about  your future- DON'T BE!!!! I went to bed crying so many times from the time I was in high school to weeks before I met Timothy. I would have never thought that I would be where I am today. I am absolutely thrilled to be getting married. 

The other night, Timothy and I were discussing whether we should take the risk of having a child or not. There is a chance that the child is born with achondroplasia because I have it, and an even greater chance that the child will be born with the disease if Timothy has an allele for it. We are going to get him tested in a few weeks. 



I never thought that I would end up where I am today. After all the doctors visited, surgeries, bullying, and difficulties I have been through, I have finally realized that I am perfect just the way I am and that I should NEVER, not even for one day, let this disease get the best of me. If you have dwarfism or any other disease, always be positive about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment