Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Meeting Others With Achondroplasia Dwarfism

7/13/2016

Meeting Others With Achondroplasia Dwarfism

     Hey! I'm feeling pretty good today. I went shopping for groceries when I saw a little person last week. I got really excited and she did too. She came over and we started to talk. I think that was the first little person other than me that I've ever seen. We exchanged contacts and she told me of this support group for people with achondroplasia dwarfism. There were actually two, one online and one that you can go to. If you want to join the one online, Click Here. If you want to join a support group based on your area here it is. I've been using them for the past week and I feel great. There are so many people in the world just like me! I went to go see one of the people on the website and we spent hours just talking about our disease. I felt so free and I've never felt so connected. You guys should try it. I swear you will feel great that you get to meet people just like you. A lot of these people have great advice, and they really support you with whatever is going. They have great advice because its kind of like they're looking at things from your point of view.

These are some of the people in my support group. Aren't they so cool?

     Hey I'm Barb and I am friends with Kay Kay. Since meeting her, my life has been better. We understand each other so much and I go through the same difficulties as her.  We help each other get through the hard times and hanging out with her is so fun. We do have our bad days but when we do, we go out for ice cream and chat. That usually makes us feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment